Sunday, November 1, 2009

A new beginning.



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CHOWONCHOW RETURNS: A BLOG RISES FROM THE ASHES

November 2, 2009

KUALA LUMPUR-The management at chowonchow are pleased to announce the resurrection of the blog and a commitment to keep it updated.

The new blog is ready for a full rollout. Old fans will be back for the nostalgia; new ones will be wowed by its sheer awesomeness. Going forward, the blog will leverage new web technologies, with an emphasis on online video, while also keeping the original irreverent tone.

"We forecast triple-digit growth in readership," says Jason Chow, founder of the blog. "Given that viewership was never beyond the low teens before, we think this is an achievable goal...."



I'm blogging in earnest now - for the first time, really – but with a different approach. I'm going to go two-point-oh and be more video-oriented and less of the traditional photo-and-text blog format. My videos will cover my food adventures, from eating at fine-dining restaurants to watching a cook slice up the head of a hammerhead shark (yes, I've got it on camera). Cooks and food nerds take note: I will try my best to include techniques employed by the cooks in the preparation of my food and take you into kitchens as best as I can.

And yes, the dateline is correct: I'm currently living in Malaysia. So, expect many videos of hawker stands, open-air restaurants and sweaty coffee shops.

Stay tuned....